Tuesday, March 25, 2008

New music I've gotten into recently

I'm a sucker for new music so I spend a lot of my free time searching shareminer.com/myspace.com/and various blogs for new metal, death metal, hardcore, indie, indie rock, shoegaze, alternative, 90's rock, etc.....you get the picture.  I love re-discovering old bands too.  Recently I put on some Alice In Chains and was thoroughly stoked.  They're surprisingly heavy and I love that about them.  Dirt is an awesome album.  The 90's pumped out so many fucking awesome albums.

Ok so onto new albums I've downloaded:
108 - songs of separation
Fleet Foxes - (3 albums)
Machinehead - burn my eyes
Stone Temple Pilots - Core

Yeah, I know, totally random assortment.  108 is awesome, I honestly never gave them a chance and I was really surprised to find out they werent straight forward fast hardcore.  If they had been like that, I'm sure I wouldnt like them as much.  Fleet Foxes is just really good indie rock.  Lots of acoustic stuff with great vocals on top.  Machinehead is ultra heavy, Davidian is my new jam.  Stone Temple Pilots needs no introduction....


No comments: